Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Thoughts on 2008, So Far

It's still early in the season, but there are a couple of interesting story lines developing.


The Tigers Suck! Okay, maybe suck isn't the right word, but can you believe the start they are off to? What is the over/under for losses before their first win? Could they be the first team in history to make the post season after starting 0-7? That would be a story. As a Royals fan, I hope they continue just they way they are.

Eric Gagne Sucks! Seriously. Gagne's days of being the most dominant closer in baseball are long gone. It looks like injuries and age have taken their toll on Gagne. I've always like Gagne, so I hope he can pull it together, but so far I'm not liking what I've seen.

The Cardinals don't suck! I have a couple of friends who are Cards fans, and all of them predicted doom and gloom this season. So far, the Cards are 6-2 and don't look like the laughing stock that everybody predicted.

Banny is smart! It's been well documented that Royals' pitcher Brian Bannister is a brainy dude. Check out Joe Posnanski's blog for some analysis on how he struggled against the Yankees, but got the win.

That scoreboard is huge! Kauffman Stadium now features an unreal, almost grotesque scoreboard as part of the ongoing stadium renovations. I've only seen pictures, but I will be at the "K" tonight to take it all in. I hope I will be able to take my eyes off the scoreboard long enough to watch Zack Grienke beat the Yanks.

No comments: