Wednesday, March 29, 2006

About Us - a quick FAQ about Breaking 100



Who’s writing this stuff?
I am. My name is Ron. I have lived in Kansas City my entire life and am a life-long Royals fan. Now that I’m a father of a 12 year old boy and a 9 year old girl, I’m discovering that one of the only things I want in life is to have them experience the joy of watching the Royals contend and win. It’s something that I will never forget, and I want them to have that feeling too.

What kind of information will Breaking 100 have?
Our focus is on the Royals winning at least 63 games in 2006. The content of this site will be all about what the Royals do to avoid 100 losses. Anything that has to do with that, we will write about.

Is this just another “The Royals Suck” site?
I hope not. We will only write about what we see. We will not pretend to know whether the Royals suck or not. Unless the really do suck. Hopefully, in 2006, the Royals will not suck. We’ll have to wait and see.

What makes you such an expert?
I’m not. I’m just a fan. I live in Kansas City so I see and hear much of the media coverage of the Royals. I’m also a partial season ticket holder, so I will be at Kauffman Stadium to watch the Royals many times this season. And whenever I can, I’ll catch them on RSTN or listen on 810 WHB. There won’t be a single game this season that I won’t see or hear at least part of. I’ll post to this blog based on those observations.

Can I contribute to Breaking 100?
You bet! Breaking 100 isn’t about me; it’s about the Royals winning at least 63 games. If you have something to say and want it posted here, simply click the “Email Breaking 100” link and send your stuff to me. We welcome all contributions.

What is the Pythagorean Record?

Bill James invented the Pythagorean Formula for projecting a winning percentage based on runs scored and runs allowed. Since the formula is similar to the Pythagorean Theorem used in mathematics, James dubbed his new stat the Pythagorean Record. We will use this formula to project the Royals record.

Let’s go get ‘em.

No comments: